Monday, October 14, 2013

The Upside of Down

ok God, i know i prayed many times for you to use me
and even before i knew you, you decided to choose me
i'll be honest, sometimes i think you confuse me
with someone else because you couldn't possibly want me
now i know that may be crazy talk, my language needs to change
so i'm learning to walk with you so i'll no longer be lame
every obstacle and tragedy, every person that was mad at me
i understand now, it was all apart of a bigger strategy
a plan to win me over, to trust you, to believe
i'm trying to shut my ears from the distractions, i don't wanna be like Eve
you're showing me the flipside, i'm confronted with myself; i can't hide
i'm thirsty for your living aqua because its hard to swallow this pride
but you've changed my name and i'm just waiting as i'm under construction
you don't need an Oscar or Tony, but God you deserve a lifetime achievement in my life's production.

No comments: