Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mute Button


my mouth had been closed for years

I lost my voice so I spoke with my tears

I spoke with my paper and pen

words were the therapist, poetry my friend

a bottle under pressure ready to explode

shaken time after time because I didn't know how to release the load

off my back, man in fact I thought it was the norm

ain't it crazy you never seek shelter because you're so used to the storm

but that was me & now I see that in my weakness

the little girl within went years going speechless

I won't lie, at times I wanna cry

like I said it's my tears that often testify

but I'm opening my mouth; I'm starting over

gotta move forward & get this weight off my shoulders

life had me on mute but I'm turning up the volume

I'm clearing up space, my gift has to make room


No comments: