Monday, October 14, 2013

Forgotten

I had no concept. the only way to express my feelings was to let my pen take over... 

You'll probably answer my questions before I ask them
But I just don't understand this place I'm in
Why have you left me here? Am I to die in a place you promised to get me?
Look over there God; my bags have been packed from the moment you said I was free
Yet obviously, I'm still stuck here, while others have crossed to the other side
And I'm wondering "what happened that got me off the path if you were my guide?"
I feel like I've been abandoned, you left me to fight for myself
But you told me anytime I needed you, I could cry out for help
Well God, I've been crying so much, my tears have tears
And I've been standing here waiting for what seems like years
Forgive me for the frustration, help my understanding with all this
I just want out and its like I'm a target and the darts can't miss
I've seen your record, I've known you to be faithful before
But God, I'm watching your hands, yet you won't open the door
And I'm hurt to the core because I do for everyone and I am forgotten
I'm needed to push others to the top, but no one wants to pull me from the bottom
Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong; if so, help me see clearer
My vision is distorted, give me your eyes so I can see nearer
The storm is supposed to make me stronger, but this ship is killing me
Yet you allow the waves to move me back and forth, is that your way of healing me?
I want out of this; I want something fresh, is that too hard?
These bruises are hurting me and I'm collecting battle scars
Surely you know me God; I just wanna be real with you
I'm still alive in all this; question, how can I be made new?
Why do you have me alone all the time, I'm have nothing but my words
When I can't speak, my pen takes over to say what can't be heard
Dear God, I'm pouring my heart out to you... what more shall I do?!
I wanna praise and give thanks in all things, but I'm not in that mood
And all those promises God! What about them? Why haven't they been reached?
So many "words" spoken over me, my life has already been preached
I don't want this anymore; either I stay real or I'm just wasting your time
I want to be complete in all areas; God deliver me from time
Don't let me stay forgotten when you know I've been calling out
I get my hopes up thinking its out, but I don't come out
Trapped in a prison... that's how I feel, have I been given life?
No visitors, I'm in isolation, so I didn't do anything right?!
You know what? I can't say "I don't care" because evidently I do
I try to think on other things, but I come right back to You
And so many questions I have unanswered, am I meant to know?
Is this experience really supposed to teach me how to grow?
Well, I still don't get it... and I wish the plan you have would just be shown
Please don't tell me I could've gotten out but the opportunity was blown
I'm mad because you left me here! I've been screaming for a release
I'm being twisted, turned, stretched and I have no relief
How do I know if what I"m doing is for you or because man said so
And why do I get rebuked for even thinking about saying no?
Why is it that others are allowed to take a break?
But when I wanna stop I'm told to take my foot off the brakes
These are the questions I have and I know you to be true
For every question I see the answer lies in You
I'm pouring my heart out again, I desperately need answers and a change
What is it that you want? I'm ready for the exchange

No comments: