Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Castaway

repeatedly, its eating me
i don't like what they're feeding me
but i eat it up greedily
life must be one big game of "sike" or is everyone drunk from shots of "hype"?
we preach about the "light"
but its "after dark" that we ignite
i'm not ready, but surely i'm striving to be
I don't wanna be a castaway, cast away for eternity
it's like Noah, telling us to prepare for the rain
but because we don't see clouds we label him "insane"
yet the world smells like dew and we claim to know You
but God, obviously Your word must be hard to chew
we don't trust it enough to believe you'll deliver
we'd rather hand you over for thirty pieces of silver
we only want you when the time is good for us
all the other times we don't wanna hear about Jesus
God i can only speak for myself; forgive me for putting you on a shelf
to collect dust and sit for decoration
i pray that we understand the seriousness of salvation...

No comments: